2 accounts - 1 Computer

2 accounts - 1 Computer

Für alle die es interessiert:

I run 2 clients at the same time on one computer and have no problems - I just toggle back and fore. No need to set up 2 windows XP accounts or buy another computer. Here is what to do step by step;

1. Look in your root SWG folder (it will usually be in C:\Program Files\Star Wars Galaxies) for a file called OPTIONS.CFG. Open this file (if you get a message asking what program you wish to use to open this file select wordpad).

2. At the bottom of the file add the following two lines EXACTLY as they are here;

[SwgClient]

allowMultipleInstances=true

3. Hit save to save the file. Right click on the file and select properties. Select READ ONLY and save again.

4. Load in your first toon. Go to CTRL-O and select Interface. Select allow windows in full screen mode. Hit the windows key on your keyboard to minimize.

5. Open up the client again using the second account user ID and password. Load in the next toon and repeat step 4. above.

6. You can now toggle back and fore to your hearts content.

Remember - you only need to install the game once. I simply used the CD key off the back of the second copy and put it all back in the box without even removing the wrapping. Just select New Account on the client log in screen.

Tempest Icha Bit of everything and Master DE

Tempest Raphael Master Doctor / Master Musician

Valcyn Sorrow Master Bounty Hunter
      lexxka:
      "LAWL WTJ INC AUF CARROBURG DESTRO ZOMFG 2 MUCH L2P NOOBS".