Leeroy Jerkins

Leeroy Jerkins

Bischen was für die Allgemeinbildung.
      Vorab das Video damit Ihr wisst wovon sie reden :

warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=1666

dazu das inverview

After meeting one of Leeroy's guild mates at E3, we scored an exclusive interview with the man himself. Two of our own staffers, William Everett (age 19) and Patrick Hufford (age 32) caught up with Ben S (age 24) to get the skinny on Leeroy and Ben's experience with WoW.
      PLAYED:Thanks for giving us the opportunity to speak with you.
      BEN S:Hey, no problem.
      PLAYED:Great, Ben. Where are you located at?
      BEN S:I'm in Laffayete, Colorado
      PLAYED:How long have you been playing WoW?
      BEN S:I've been playing it since open beta.
      PLAYED:Since open beta?
      BEN S:I pretty much got it right when it came out.
      PLAYED:What drew you to it, are you a big fan of Blizzard?
      BEN S:Yeah. I've always played a lot of Blizzard stuff, they usually make pretty quality games.
      PLAYED:Is WoW your favorite of the bunch?
      BEN S:It's hard to say. I've played a lot of everything but so far WoW has been pretty good.
      PLAYED:Do you play any other MMOGS?
      BEN S:I don't currently, but I have played others in the past.
      PLAYED:Which titles?
      BEN S:Shadowbane was the one I got the most into. I played some Ragnarok online, and Lineage II for a month or two. Back in the day, I played a little Ultima Online.
      PLAYED:Cool.
      PLAYED:So you've been playing WoW from the beginning. What aspect of the game do you enjoy the most?
      BEN S:Just screwing with people, mostly (laughs)
      PLAYED:So you play on a PVP server then (laughing)?
      BEN S:Yeah.
      PLAYED:So what level is Leeroy?
      BEN S:Leeroy is 60.
      PLAYED:What is his PVP rank, currently?
      BEN S:He's a sergeant currently, I haven't got a chance to do a whole lot of PVP yet.
      PLAYED:Sergeant is still nice, I haven't even made grunt yet.
      PLAYED:We are really looking forward to the Battleground patch.
      PLAYED:Hopefully the level 60's won't pick on us too much. We are all around level 40.
      BEN S:Yeah, at level 40 it's gonna be rough.
      PLAYED:We assume that Leeroy is you main, how many alts do you have?
      BEN S:I have a couple low-level alts. A couple of only level 10. In total I have actually made ... 9 characters. All those, except leeroy and one other, are below level 30. I have a level 60 Tauren on a separate server, too.
      PLAYED:Nice.
      PLAYED:What occupation is Leeroy currently?
      BEN S:He's a miner/engineer.
      PLAYED:That's the hardest one, really.
      PLAYED:We assume you are still in league with The Pals 4 Life?
      BEN S:Yeah, we still do our stuff. (laughs) I did get kicked out of the guild for five minutes after this instance.
      PLAYED:(laughs)
      PLAYED:How many people are in P4L?
      BEN S:Technically, we have around a hundred players in the guild.
      PLAYED:Wow, that's quite a few.
      BEN S:Yeah, but only 25 or so are really active. Most of them are alts.
      PLAYED:You've been with P4L from the beginning then?
      BEN S:Yeah. It partially existed before we started WoW.
      PLAYED:How much would you say you play a week? To get to level sixty you must be playing a good amount.
      BEN S:Yeah. I play a lot really, I'm currently unemployed so that helps (laughs)
      BEN S:(laughing) Yeah, if you know of any good jobs, send them my way.
      PLAYED:We'll keep our eye out for you.
      BEN S:On average, I play about four or five hours a day. Some days I take a break.
      PLAYED:Let's talk about the video. What inspired the name of your character, Leeroy Jenkins? Is he a character from a movie or something you made up?
      BEN S:It was pretty much made up. I was sitting around with a few guild-mates drinking forties ...
      PLAYED:(laughs) That's where all great things come from - drinking forties with your buddies.
      BEN S:Right. So we start throwing out name for each other and Leeroy Jenkins popped out. I like the name because it was fun to yell.
      PLAYED:You know the video has spread all over the Internet by now. We had even seen references to the video at E3 this year. Now that everyone has seen it, some people want to know if the video was staged. Was it?
      BEN S:(laughs) We want people to make that decision themselves. It seems more fun that way.
      PLAYED:(laughs) We are certainly happy to leave it a mystery.
      PLAYED:So we saw the video just a few days ago, and it seems like it grew phenomenally fast. Everyone at the office was passing the link around and having a good time with it.
      BEN S:It grew really crazy, we didn't expect that.
      PLAYED:We think you have achieved cult-status. Somewhere up there with the Star Wars kid. Bam! Overnight Internet fame.
      PLAYED:Which instance is this we are seeing in the video? Where it is?
      BEN S:That was Upper Black Rock Spire. Not too far in - It's called the Rookery.
      PLAYED:Were those dragons?
      BEN S:Yeah, those were little dragon eggs.
      PLAYED:What was the mission - collect as many eggs as possible?
      BEN S:In the back there is a obelisk that you can interact with. A boss that has a chance to drop the devout shoulders I was looking for.
      PLAYED:Did you finally get the devout shoulders?
      BEN S:They are definitely level 60 shoulder-pads, I haven't acquired them yet. I'm currently wearing Valor.
      PLAYED:So we have to know. Is this rushing in something you do often?
      BEN S:The rushing itself doesn't happen too often. It happens a little more now when we are joking around. My "Leeroy Jenkins" yell happens far more often. I've been yelling that for about four years. (laughs)
      PLAYED:Cool. I get accused of being that guy. My character is a tank and I rush in a little more often than some of my guild-mates might like. I just can't help it. (laughs)
      PLAYED:Do you still catch hell from your guild over this?
      BEN S:The guild has gotten pretty tired of it recently, mostly because of the random tells and people begging for guild invites.
      PLAYED:We imagine this video has generated some publicity for your guild.
      BEN S:Yeah, The problem is that we aren't looking to grow the guild. We are mostly all people who know each other.
      PLAYED:What server do you guys play on?
      BEN S:Laughing Skull
      PLAYED:We had an opportunity to meet one of your guild-mates at E3 this year. Did he fill you in on the popularity of the video at the show?
      BEN S:Yeah. He told me that people at the Blizzard booth noticed his shirt and randomly introduced themselves.
      PLAYED:That's how we ran into him, honestly.
      BEN S:He said that most of the Blizzard employees said they had seen and loved the video.
      PLAYED:I'm sure it was getting passed along their office left and right.
      BEN S:I had heard that Microsoft showed the video on one of their big screens at one point.
      PLAYED:Wow!
      BEN S:We heard that there was even a group of people that made up a set of t-shirts with quotes from the video on the back.
      PLAYED:Absolutely. While we were waiting at the door the first day we ran into a group of guys with shirts. There was a graphic of you sitting on the ground, AFK. They had apparently created the image and had them pressed onto a t-shirt the night before.
      BEN S:(laughs) I have seen people using a sound-bite of my voice on the forums.
      PLAYED:So after your horrible in-game death, did you run back to get your body or did you use the spirit healer?
      BEN S:We actually used a soul-stone a little ways back, so it was no problem.
      PLAYED:Of course. What was the deal with the chicken?
      BEN S:We don't want anyway to take the wrong way, but you know... forties and fried chicken seem to work.
      BEN S:But seriously, KFC chicken really is our guild's favorite.
      LAYED:Undoubtedly. How do you plan on using your new-found fame?
      BEN S:It's been nice, now that more people know who I am. I'm starting to look around the gaming industry for possible employment opportunities.
      PLAYED:Right on. We know that Blizzard was handing out flyers looking for GM positions. Maybe you should drop them a line.
      BEN S:Yeah, I'm currently trying to get in contact with Blizzard. I can imagine how much e-mail they have been getting with people pretending to be the real Leeroy Jenkins.
      PLAYED:We can vouch for the real thing, if you ever need us to. Do you guys plan on doing a sequel to the Leeroy video?
      BEN S:Lots of people have asked for a sequel, so we will probably do one. We have actually made a couple different types of videos that are already up on the P4L website.
      PLAYED:We will have to stop by and take a look. Is there more Leeroy to be had?
      BEN S:I was unable to play for about a month and that's actually when the guild started making these videos. They are all pretty funny.
      PLAYED:We would love to see a sequel. Any shout-outs before we wrap it up?
      BEN S:Sure. All the P4L guys. Good old Abduhl with the calculations. Velkin, QuixyStyx, and Rocnar are a few of my buddies on other servers. Come visit our site (thepalsforlife.com) sometime.
      PLAYED:Thanks again for your time. Try to stay out of trouble!

Viel Spass beim lesen und was für die Allgemeinbildung

MfG Dendi
      I'm paper. Rock is ok - but nerf scissors!

Dendi - Heilgimp